Applications are invited on prescribed form for Admission to the following courses for the academic Year 2009 - 2010.
A) SUPERSPECIALITY COURSES:
1. DM Degree in Neuroradiology
2. DM Degree in Neurology
3. M.Ch. Degree in Neurosurgery
B) Ph.D. IN CLINICAL NEUROSCIENCES
C) POST DOCTORAL FELLOWSHIP COURSES:
3. Child & Adolescent Psychiatry
D) B.SC. COURSES:
1. B.Sc. in Nursing
2. B.Sc. in Radiography
E) DIPLOMA COURSES:
1. Diploma in Clinical Neurophysiology Technology (DCNT)
NOTE THAT ONLY THE LATEST APPLICATION, PRESENTLY AVAILABLE ON THE
NIMHANS WEBSITE SHOULD BE DOWNLOADED. ANY PREVIOUS YEARS APPLICATIONS
OR APPLICATIONS DOWNLOADED IN ANY OTHER FORM/WEBSITE WILL BE REJECTED.
Last Date for Issuing Application through Post: 25th March 2009
Last Date for Issuing Application in Person: 31st March 2009
Last Date for Receipt of filled in Application: 6th April 2009
Entrance Test will be held in Bangalore on: 28th June 2009
(No Entrance Test for Diploma course)
Commencement of the Courses : 1st August 2009
Last date for admission of candidates selected : 8th August 2009
Application forms and Prospectus can be downloaded from our website and
can also be obtained from the Director, NIMHANS, Hosur Road, Bangalore
– 560 029 on request by mentioning the course and enclosing a Demand
Draft towards application fee drawn in favour of the Director, NIMHANS,
Bangalore-560029, along with a self addressed stamped envelope (25 cm x
18 cm) affixing stamp worth Rs.20/-
2. Application Fee:
Medical Courses: Rs.1000/- per course and Rs.750/- in case of SC/ST
B.Sc./Diploma Courses: Rs.700/- per course and Rs.500/- in case of
SC/ST candidates (non-refundable)
3. Candidates may apply for more than one course provided they are eligible.
4. Candidates can apply in the same application (Medical Application)
form for all Superspeciality/Post Doctoral Fellowship courses.
5. Candidates applying for B.Sc. and Diploma Courses should apply on
separate application (Non Medical) form for each course.
6. Foreign Nationals are required to submit their applications through
the Diplomatic Channel (through the Ministry of External Affairs). They
shall also appear for the common Entrance Test along with the other
7. Sponsored candidates should submit their application through proper
channel and they should also appear for the Common Entrance Test. The
Sponsored candidates should produce the sponsorship certificate in the
AGE LIMIT: For Superspeciality Courses age should not be more than 32
years for MBBS degree holders and 35 for PG medical degree holders,
relaxable in case of SC/ST Candidates by a maximum of 5 years.
8. For sponsored candidates age should not be more than 45 years.
9. For B.Sc. courses, age should not be less than 17 years and should
not have completed 25 years.
10. For Age limit, the date of consideration is 1.8.2009
11. Duly filled in application should be sent to the Director, NIMHANS, Hosur Road, Bangalore – 560 029 along with the requisite Demand Draft drawn in favour of Director, NIMHANS by superscribing the name of the course applied for on the Envolope without fail.
12. Applications down loaded from the Website should be accompanied by
a Demand Draft towards application fee.
Download - Prospectus 2009-10 [PDF]
Application Form (Medical Courses) [PDF]
Application Form (B.Sc./Diploma Courses) [PDF]